Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Love

I look at my self in the mirror,
Am astonished, is that an error,
That I find you in there,
And not just there, but every where.

I don’t remember the first time I met you,
May be it was back a months few,
But so many fond memories in queue,
And each one, afresh and new.

Unknown we met as strangers,
When I was a lone ranger,
From strangers to friends,
The road took turns and bends.

And suddenly one day,
At a time you were away,
I found I was lost ,
In a beautiful host.

I was happy till that day,
I was contented till that day,
You had created a void,
That was impossible to avoid.

From then, on there would be a hush,
On seeing you there would be a blush,
In the depths of the heart, there a rush,
And I thought it was just a crush.

But do people spend sleepless nights,
Get entangled in the dreary fights,
Between the heart and the mind,
Both of which are truly blind.

Does the sky appear bluer,
Does the grass appear greener,
Does the world appear cleaner,
But just you appear meaner?

And why do I look forward for one moment,
Pray gods, that I may be lent,
To me you may be sent,
And pray you never went.

Why is it that I try to extend
Every little moment, to a never – end,
Just to feel you by my side,
Let my soul go on a ride.

Was this desperation?
Or was it an obsession,
To obtain your possession?
You call it infatuation?

And then, my infatuation ended,
No, my feelings weren’t dead,
You had invaded my thoughts,
And there was rain in the droughts.

I began thinking of you,
More often than you,
And the moment I knew
I wasn’t, again I was thinking of you.

And then I began to question,
Is this a confrontation?
Should I make a confession?
Express my impression?

You had changed me totally,
You had matured me mentally,
And I discovered a feeling,
An emotion, that made me sing.

I wanted to tell you
That I had loved you,
Truly, deeply, madly,
And the adjectives ‘ medley.

But was this necessary?
I mean, telling it in a hurry?
The beauty of the feeling lost,
In explaining its cost?

For no one can gauge its height,
Its depth, breadth or weight,
And expressing it will just prejudice,
A more beautiful, sacred piece.

You are first my friend,
So, can you gauge it,
Without my telling it?
Can you travel down my heart,
And see how changed I am?
Can you see how much more,
I love my self, once I loved you?
Can you read from the silence of my lips,
And from the noise of my eyes,
Can you decipher the code,
Printed deep in my heart?
Can you free my entangled mind,
Before I ever ask for it?
Can you see how strong I am
With you beside me?
In thoughts and in reality,
Both of which are twins to me?
Can you, just for my sake,
Promise me a thing or two?
That you will never erase or fake,
My memory from your mind?
I dunno if love is a boon or a bane?
I dunno if I am sane or insane?
But I pray God, that you
Shouldn’t fall in love,
But if you do, you might as well express it.
For I can’t see you suffer as I did,
FOR LOVE IS A LOVELY SUFFERING, ISN’T IT?

No comments: