Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Oh beautiful Isabella

In love with you, is this fella!!

A close friend of mine is he,

And he did confide in me.

I know it was another era

A whole lot of green on the terra

The sun was mild, and the breeze not wild

The skies were gentle as the sleeping child.

You stole him, despite your innocence,

Left him powerless, to seek vengeance.

He has tried, to return the favor

Lacked in fervor, inspite of valor.

And then life played its part

And destiny drove you apart

Distance and time

got you to dance to their rhyme.

And now he wonders,

Were they his blunders.

Did he press too hard too late.

Or left too much to fate.

The weather has changed now.

Too much worry into earning dough.

In the time of Dow Jones Fall,

Can love really conquer all.

My friend, has now lost the art.

My friend, is my heart.

He beats himself, forlorn

And life itself becomes a sojourn.

I think and I am, the mind

I live my life in rewind.

I think of the times

When hours were ours

And minutes weren't minute

And every second, a first.

Will you thread the flowers of my dreams

And tailor our lives with your seams.

For only you can give my friend

Happiness without an end.

No comments: