Sunday, January 06, 2008

A Floride in Caulifornia



And so... Another year now! I remember starting my last year echoing a similar sentiment. Its 2008 this time. But this time, its different. I am in the Golden State, the state of the Hollywood land, the land of the Silicon Valley. And this picture on the left would tell you a thousand words about where I was. You got it!!! Callifornia.
Its the land of graduation of one of my friends, its the land of migration of another of my friends, and its the home away from homeland for a million of my friends. Its a great big family of friends out there in California. The Silicon Valley.
This time, my visit to California was prompted by two things. Ever since I had the free ticket, a vestige from my trip to Washington earlier in the year, I had decided I would visit SNL (S being one friend, NL being the other), at the first opportunity. Second, S's parents were visiting, and it would be great spending time with the parents of one of your best friends. And so I set out to visit the coast on the west. From Orlando, the city beautiful, from sunshine state to the state of gold.
It was fun to meet with my friends, and meeting with their parents. But at the end of the two weeks spent in California, I couldn't help but wonder the counterpoint that life in Calif is to the life I live... as a student in Florida.
Now, I am not the kind of guy who would make deep, profound, intellectual deductions based on a two week journey that alters life as I know it. But these are just some off hand, on-the-spur-of the moment reflections (that I have preserved for two weeks without analyzing too much), that I hope would reflect what I am and how I think. Mostly for myself.

No comments: